Ships and Marine Technology (ISO 30000)
A ship recycling facility must have polices, objectives and procedures in place to maintain safe and environmentally friendly operations in accordance with national and international standards. The ISO 30000: 2009 specifies such requirements, considering the legal, safety and environmental factors to comply with its environment and specific processes.
The ISO 30000 helps shipping and marine technology identify and comply with these regulations. Organisations can use the standard to improve and manage selected elements of their activities. The standard applies to:
- Establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving upon a safe and environmentally sound management system for the recycling of ships
- Assuring conformance with the specific safe and environmentally sound management policy
- Demonstrating conformity with ISO 30000 by:
- Issuing a statement and claiming responsibility that the specific requirements have been met
- Seeking confirmation of its self-declaration by an external party
- Seeking confirmation through interested parties like customers that conformance has been met
- Seeking certification of its management system by an external organisation
IQC is a registered issuer of certificates of compliance when the satisfactory compliance standards and documented procedures are met.