Customer Satisfaction, Complaints Management (ISO 10002)
The process of handling complaints related to products and services within an organisation is often complex, but the ISO 10002: 2004 is a helpful guide to manage such procedures. The complaints handling process is one component of an all-encompassing quality management system. The international standard outlines how to plan a complaints management and satisfaction system, including how to implement, maintain and improve upon the system put in place.
The standard can be applied for various type of organisations, by industry and size. However, resolution outside of the organisation or for employment related disputed would need to refer to documentation beyond the standard.
Implementing ISO 10002 into practice helps:
- Achieve operational flow, consistency and efficiency to identify the root of complaints
- Resolve more complaints by having a more customer focused approach
- Engage staff with more customer service training, resources and opportunities
- Integrate ISO 10002 with ISO 9001 to improve overall efficiency of workflow
- Monitor and continually improve upon the current procedure for handling feedback
IQC is a registered issuer of certificates of compliance when the satisfactory compliance standards and documented procedures are met.